Graduate Technologists may apply to be a Professional Technologists after obtaining a practical experience which is determined by the Board (minimum 3 years working experience in the related technology and technical fields), paid the prescribed fee and complied with all of the criteria determined by the Board.
The 3 years working experience shall not be counted from the registration date as Graduate Technologists, however, MBOT will take into count the previous experience within the related Technology Fields. A Graduate Technologist who wishes to apply for Professional Technologist is required to sit for a professional assessment in the related technology and technical fields. The non-refundable assessment fee of RM600 shall apply for each assessment.
After passing the assessment, the Graduate Technologists has to apply for Professional Technologists with a fee of RM350. Upon approval from the Board, a Professional Technologist shall be entitled to :
- Approve and certify the manner or conduct of technical services to be carried out
- Describe himself or hold himself out under any name, style or title:
- Bearing the word Professional Technologists or the equivalent in other languages
- Using the abbreviated title “Ts.” Before his name
- Using the abbreviation “P.Tech” and his specialization after his name
This Professional Technologist title is renewal annually with a fee of RM200 subject to fulfilling 30 CPD hours endorsed by MBOT.