Graduate Technologists may apply to be a Professional Technologists after obtaining a practical experience which is determined by the Board (minimum 3 years working experience in the related Technology Fields), paid the prescribed fee and complied with all of the criteria determined by the Board.
The 3 years working experience shall not be counted from the registration date as Graduate Technologists, however, MBOT will take into count the previous experience within the related Technology Fields. A Graduate Technologists who wishes to apply for Professional Technologists is required to sit for an assessment in the related Technology Fields. The non-refundable assessment fee of RM600 shall apply for each assessment.
After passing the assessment, the Graduate Technologists has to apply for Professional Technologists with a lifetime fee of RM350. Upon approval from the Board, a Professional Technologists shall be entitled to :
- Approve and certify the manner or conduct of technical services to be carried out
- Describe himself or hold himself out under any name, style or title:
- Bearing the word Professional Technologists or the equivalent in other languages
- Using the abbreviated title “Ts.” Before his name
- Using the abbreviation “P.Tech” and his specialization after his name