Graduate Technologists may apply to be a Professional Technologists after obtaining a practical experience which is determined by the Board (minimum 3 years working experience in the related Technology Fields), paid the prescribed fee and complied with all of the criteria determined by the Board.
The 3 years working experience shall not be counted from the registration date as Graduate Technologists, however, MBOT will take into count the previous experience within the related Technology Fields. A Graduate Technologists who wishes to apply for Professional Technologists is required to sit for an assessment in the related Technology Fields. The non-refundable assessment fee of RM600 shall apply for each assessment.
After passing the assessment, the Graduate Technologists has to apply for Professional Technologists with a fee of RM350. Upon approval from the Board, a Professional Technologists shall be entitled to :
- Approve and certify the manner or conduct of technical services to be carried out
- Describe himself or hold himself out under any name, style or title:
- Bearing the word Professional Technologists or the equivalent in other languages
- Using the abbreviated title “Ts.” Before his name
- Using the abbreviation “P.Tech” and his specialization after his name
This Professional Technologist title is renewal annually with a fee of RM200 subject to fulfilling 30 CPD hours endorsed by MBOT.
Please be informed that the professional assessment fees are claimable under HRDF OJT scheme (Click here for the HRDF Claimable FAQ