Sep 24, 2018
PUTRAJAYA, 24 September 2018 – The inaugural MBOT’s Townhall Session was held at Dewan Za’ba, Ministry of Education (Higher Education). Nearly 300 attended this session consist of Technical Expert Panels across 23 technology fields, government agencies, institution of higher learning and industry.
A forum on ‘Roles of TVET towards IR4.0’ also conducted throughout the session. The panellists were as follow:
- YBrs. Ts. Jeff Banister, the CTO of Orbitage Sdn Bhd.
- YBrs. Ts. Ricky Liew, Head of Aviation Working Group, Technological Association of Malaysia (TAM)
- En. Mohd Sukri bin Ismail, Director, Project Monitoring Division, Department of Skills Development (JPK)
- En. Mohd Yazid bin Awalludin, Director, National Occupational Skills Standard (NOSS), Department of Skills Development (JPK)
The forum basically highlights on future of TVET to support IR 4.0 and the needs of technical background within new technology fields in the future.
Ride on this event was MOU awarding ceremony with Technical Expert Panels indicates synergetic collaboration ahead.
The MOU were awarded to the following TEP members to indicate our symbiotic collaboration towards uplifting technologists and technician profession:
- The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT)
- Technological Association Malaysia (TAM)
- Agensi Nuklear Malaysia (Nuclear Malaysia)
- Penang Skills Development Centre (PSDC)
- Federation Malaysian Skills Development Centre (FMSDC)
- GreenTech Malaysia
- Malaysian Society for Engineering & Technology (MySET)
- Medialab Alliance Sdn. Bhd.
- Orbitage Sdn. Bhd.
- Universiti Pertahanan Nasional Malaysia (UPNM)
- Siemens Malaysia
- Communications Convergence Professional Society (CCPS)
- Centre of Clothing Technology and Fashion, Institute of Business Excellence (IBE), UiTM, Shah Alam
- Malaysian Oil & Gas Services Council (MOGSC)
- MARA Corporation
- Malaysia Automotive Institute (MAI)
- DRB-Hicom University
- CyberSecurity Malaysia
- Allied Aeronautics Training Centre Sdn. Bhd.
- Institute of Materials, Malaysia (IMM